Health Benefits of Pecans: Why is Pecan Good for You?
Pecan benefits: Why is it Good for you?
Are you looking for a healthy snack with some healthy pecan benefits? what taste are you looking for in pecans? Is it dipped in chocolate or dipped in honey? Do you like raw nuts? Are you looking for a store to buy pecan?
Pecans are different from walnut, pecans are sweeter, smaller, and cheaper than walnuts. While walnuts are larger and more textured than pecans.
Pecans were first discovered and recorded nearly in 1500 A.D by Spanish explorers in North America.
It tastes like butter and its unmatched nutrition benefits have given it a reputation as one of the healthiest nuts all over the world. In this article we will focus on the benefits of pecans, how can we eat them, some nutritional facts about pecans, and the risk of overconsuming them.
Benefits of Pecan
There are a lot of health benefits for pecan:
- For the brain: It helps stimulate and strengthen the memory and the nervous system because it contains omega-3, which is very necessary for the brain and revival of memory Therefore, it can be used to prevent diseases such as Alzheimer’s and neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's disease.
- For the heart: it reduces the level of harmful cholesterol in the body. It also reduces saturated fats, which reduces the risk of heart disease.
- For weight loss: it helps reduce body weight, as studies indicate that eating pecan can help control appetite as well as reduce calorie-dense in food.
- For the bones: pecan contains a high quantity of copper which its deficiency is related to lower bone density and osteoporosis. It also helps maintain the collagen and elastin level which are important for bones and tissue structure.
- Improve men’s fertility: pecan has a positive effect on the reproductive health of men, by improving the quality, quantity, speed, and motility of sperm.
- For the digestive system: Walnut helps to clean the digestive system, rid the body of toxins and waste stuck in the digestive canal, and also helps treat constipation.
How to eat raw pecan:
You can eat raw pecan as a snack or add them to the salad, pasta, breakfast, soups, and desserts.
You can eat pecan in many ways:
- Crush the pecan and sprinkle them over the salad.
- Grind well and add to the soup.
- You can add pecan to the dough for baked pies.
- Walnut oil can be extracted and used for anti-aging purposes.
Nutritional value of pecan:
Raw pecan benefits come from its nutritional value for it contains 65% fat, while 15% of it is protein, and every 100 grams of walnut contains the following:
13.7 grams of carbohydrates.
2.6 grams of sugar.
6.7 grams of fiber.
9.08 grams of omega-3.
Pecan is also an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals, such as the following:
Pecan’s benefits come from its contents which are:
Firstly, Copper is essential for a healthy heart, bones, nerves, and immune system. adding to that, Folic acid is important in preventing birth defects in fetuses during pregnancy, and Phosphorous is an important mineral for many vital functions in the body. Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine), is important for the immune system and nerves. Manganese is found in abundance in nuts and whole grains in particular. Lastly, pecan contains a special type of Vitamin E.
Risks and Cautions
Pecan benefits appear when consuming pecans in reasonable quantities, while excessive consumption of pecan may cause the following:
- Allergy: it may be minor, or fatal. People with pecans allergy must not eat pecans.
- Digestive problems: such as nausea, stomach pain, diarrhea, and bloating.
Pregnant women in the last months of pregnancy and breastfeeding are advised to eat specific amounts of pecan only and under the supervision of a doctor.
We in Daima recommend you eat pecans with amounts that don't harm your health. and to get the pecan benefits as it is one of the healthiest snacks worldwide.
Buy pecan in UAE:
The good pecans offer a smooth crunch and a slightly buttery taste that everyone can enjoy. They are the perfect snack choice for birthdays, weddings, special occasions, or between your breakfast, lunch, or dinner dishes. additionally, if you are trying to find pecans in UAE that will meet your daily needs does get challenging when you are not sure where to look. In fact, looking for raw pecans, dipped pecans, or dipped in honey pecans is easier than you might think. Click here to find what taste you like and check our list from the website. Add to the cart and buy pecan in UAE
Daima has a wide range of tasty pecan all across the UAE where you can order online or buy pecan in-store. Daima Dragee pecans are 100% natural and free of salt, sugar, and preservatives. Full of benefits and health benefits.